Getting a traffic ticket is an inconvenience, but it isn’t the end of the world, especially with an online NY DMV-approved PIRP course from GoToTrafficSchool! New York’s Point & Insurance Reduction Program (PIRP) can help minimize the hassle and costs. GoToTrafficSchool makes taking the required online defensive driving course quick and easy.
What the Heck is a PIRP?
By taking a NY PIRP (Point & Insurance Reduction Program) course, New York drivers can have up to four points “hidden” on their driving records. This is especially helpful for drivers who are approaching the 11 point license suspension limit. Getting those violation points reduced can help keep your license active.
Drivers who complete a PIRP course also get 10% off car insurance premiums from participating companies for 3 full years. That discount can help offset the rise in rates that often comes after a violation.
Taking a PIRP course (a.k.a. “New York defensive driving) won’t erase the ticket completely, but your driving record (and your wallet!) will be happy you did!
Take a PIRP Course. Check. But Why GoToTrafficSchool?
If you need a NY defensive driving course, you couldn’t ask for an easier choice than GoToTrafficSchool. They know life moves fast, so they make their course super convenient. You can access the materials anytime, anywhere on your computer, tablet, or smartphone. Log in and out as needed to learn at your own pace – it’s so flexible!
GoToTrafficSchool also believes learning should be interesting, even defensive driving! Their New York course is designed by experts to be totally engaging with cool multimedia and interactivity. You’ll learn everything you need and be fully prepped to ace that final exam.
The course creators even understand that not everyone learns the same way. That’s why you can choose text, video, or read-along formats to match your style. Learn at your own pace—breeze through or take your time. You’re in control!
Yeah, Yeah, It’s a Great Course, But What’s the Course About?
GoToTrafficSchool’s PIRP course covers all the essential defensive driving concepts to make you a safer, more aware driver. Here’s a sample of what you’ll learn:
- Understanding vehicle blind spots and how to drive defensively
- Proper use of signals, mirrors, speed control, and other good driving habits
- Recognizing and responding to road hazards and risky behavior from other drivers
- Safely navigating intersections, changing lanes, and passing other vehicles
- Driving carefully around motorcycles, bicycles, and pedestrians
- Adjusting for night driving, bad weather, construction zones, and other challenges
- Controlling aggression and avoiding distractions behind the wheel
- Options for handling skids, blowouts, brake failure, and other emergencies
- Review of traffic laws, signs, signals, and regulations
The course uses a mix of videos, infographics, and interactive elements to reinforce the material and keep you engaged throughout. You’ll not only reduce points and insurance premiums, but you’ll gain knowledge to keep you safe on the road for years to come.
Have more questions about how all this works? Check out Get Started! New York Defensive Driving
Hassle-Free Support at Your Fingertips
GoToTrafficSchool’s course is engaging and easy to use and understand. But if you do hit a snag, their customer support experts are ready to assist you, 24/7. If you hit a technical glitch or have a question about course content, help is just a click or call away.
Enjoy a smooth and hassle-free learning experience with great support from GoToTrafficSchool. They understand that you don’t do defensive driving every day but they do and are glad to help!
Two More Reasons You Can Relax When You Choose GoToTrafficSchool
Imagine you invest time and effort in an online PIRP course only to find out that the court won’t accept your certificate. No problems there with GoToTrafficSchool. Their New York defensive driving course is fully approved by the New York DMV, meaning it is recognized by every court in the state. If for some weird reason your certificate isn’t, they offer a money-back guarantee to put your mind at ease.
GoToTrafficSchool knows you like things to be easy and that you want the best bang for your buck. Enrolling online takes just a matter of minutes, and then you can get right into your course. Afraid you’ll be sorry you spent your hard-earned cash once you get in there? Don’t be. GoToTrafficSchool offers a free trial, so you can get a taste before coughing up any cash. A course with a free test drive? Yes please!
And You’re Still Waiting Because…?
If you’re looking to save time, money, and unnecessary trouble, reading this article isn’t going to get it done, but a New York defensive driving course from GoToTrafficSchool will!
Experience their convenience, affordability, and top-notch customer service for yourself. With just a few clicks, you’ll be joining the thousands of satisfied customers who have enjoyed the cleaner driving records and insurance savings provided by their NY DMV-approved PIRP course. Get started already. The longer you wait the longer it will be before you can put all this mess in your rearview mirror!
Take a moment to double-check! Dotting i’s and crossing t’s is our jam. Let’s make sure you only have to do this once!!
Convenient Online Defensive Driving: Learn Anywhere, Anytime!
Here are the steps you need to follow to receive the benefits of a NY DMV-approved PIRP course.
If you have received a ticket:
- Contact your court to make sure you are eligible to take a PIRP course. Eligibility depends on the type of violation and whether you have taken a course in the last 18 months.
- Enroll in and complete a PIRP course from a NY DMV-approved provider before your hearing date.
- Obtain a completion certificate from the PIRP provider upon finishing the course.
- File the original completion certificate with the court handling your traffic ticket. This must be done before your hearing date.
- Attend your hearing and present a copy of the completion certificate to the judge/prosecutor.
- Pay any court fees or fines that may still be required after ticket reduction or dismissal.
- Confirm the adjustments to your ticket and license points with the court and DMV.
- If all requirements are met, up to 4 points can be reduced from your license. The ticket charge may also be reduced or dismissed.
- Submit a copy of the completion certificate to your auto insurance company. This allows you to receive a discount on your premiums.Check your license status about 10 weeks after completing the course. The DMV will post the reduced points to your driving record.
Please note that these are general guidelines ONLY. Please contact your court for specific details.
If you are taking the course for insurance discount ONLY:
- Enroll in and complete a PIRP course from a NY DMV-approved provider. Make sure the provider submits your completion electronically to the DMV.
- Obtain a completion certificate from the PIRP provider. This serves as proof you finished the course. Classroom providers are required to mail your certificate within 45 days of course completion, and online providers within 14 days.
- Present your certificate to your insurance company or agent within 90 days after course completion. Start enjoying your insurance savings!
These guys not doing it for you? We got choices!
John FabelI have a long and checkered history with defensive driving. I took my first "court invited" course at age 15 and realized immediately that there had to be a better way. Since that first experience, I have gone on to teach defensive driving classroom courses and to author four internet courses in 2 states. After nearly 25 years in the industry, I can help you find a course that will be the best fit for you.
New York Defensive Driving with Traffic101: Your Ultimate Ticket Dismissal Solution
Experience the ultimate convenience and fast ticket dismissal with Traffic 101's New York Defensive Driving course. Join today and enjoy unbeatable service and affordability!
Get Started! New York Defensive Driving
If you need a NY PIRP course, check out how you can get going fast. After all, the faster you get started, the faster it'll be over!
REVIEW: New York’s Top Online PIRP Providers
If you need a New York PIRP course, how do you weed through the kazillion choices out there? Let us help with our look at the Top 3.
Get Your PIRP Course Behind You Quickly and Easily with I Drive Safely
Take control of your NY driving record and auto insurance rates with iDriveSafely's proven online defensive driving course.