There are many reasons you might take a traffic school course:
- The Big One—You got yourself a ticket
- The Smart One—You’d like to save some money on insurance
- The “Have-to” One—You drive a vehicle for work, and the boss says you gotta
- The Incredibly Rare One—You want to brush up your skills to become a better driver
Question is, how are you going to get it behind you? My kid brother is fond of saying that if you give the hardest job to the laziest man, he’ll find the easiest way to do it with the least amount of effort expended.
As with most anything else in our lives these days, the “easiest way” is to do it online. There are a few classroom courses still to be found, and classroom courses can be fun. However, if you fall into the category my brother speaks of, an internet course is probably the best option.
I do realize that if you have already Googled “Alabama traffic school,” you probably choked at the number of options available. How do you know where to begin?
We’d like to give you a hand here. We’re going to discuss eligibility requirements for Alabama driver safety courses and give a quick review of the three Alabama providers that we think are the best. And if you don’t agree with us, we’re also going to provide a list of all the current providers in the state.
For ticket dismissal, traffic school is generally the best way to deal with it, but you do have other options.
Who Is Eligible to Attend Traffic School?
The answer to that question depends on why you are taking the course. If you are taking it for a job requirement or for an insurance discount, there are no restrictions on whether or not you can take a course. On the other hand, if ticket dismissal is your goal, the Alabama courts have some rules you must follow.
BTW—If this is your first time taking a course, you may notice that sometimes I say “driver safety” and other times I say “traffic school.” In Alabama, courts call them “defensive driving” while some providers might call them driver improvement courses or driver safety classes. Not to worry; as long as the course is approved by the Alabama courts it will get the job done, no matter what it’s called.
- Drivers CAN attend traffic school if:
- Any driver charged with a moving or non-moving traffic violation that would result in points assessed to their driving record
- They have not attended traffic school for a violation in the last 24 months.
On the other hand…
- Drivers CANNOT attend traffic school:
- For criminal offenses
- If the driver holds a commercial driver’s license (CDL)
Begin the check for your eligibility at RESOLVE.alacourt.gov. It should also be noted that defensive driving is not available in Pike, Calhoun, Randolph, and Bullock counties.
Our Recommendations (The Top 3)
Alabama’s Top-Rated, AL Court-Approved Online Traffic Schools
Let’s Break ‘Em Down
More than anything, online traffic school courses offer freedom and schedule flexibility not found in a classroom course. What makes one better than another? Let’s look at a few reasons, plus what their students say about them.
I Drive Safely was one of the first online driver safety providers in the industry. They have served over 5,000,000 customers over their long history and have maintained a very good reputation. The school has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and a nearly 5-star rating on TrustPilot.
- What students are saying—
- Adam B. says, “Well prepared and thorough.”
- Courtney G. says, “Clear, simple, successful.”
- Melanie A. says, “Excellent online course.”
- Advantages of I Drive Safely
- Trusted by 5,000,000 customers
- Great ratings by customers, Trustpilot, and the BBB
- Works well on mobile devices
GoToTrafficSchool entered the driver safety industry in 1999. They have served over 4,000,000 satisfied customers since then, so they must be doing something right! Another unique offering is that they offer a money-back guarantee. If you are disappointed in their course in any way, you don’t pay, even if you get all the way to the final exam.
- What students are saying—
- Cathy says, “Fabulous experience”
- Larry says, “Easy to navigate through.”
- Curtis says, “I learned a lot.”
- Advantages of GoToTrafficSchool
- Live chat and phone assistance available
- Animations and videos to help make time go by faster
- Same-day certificate processing
Established in 1998, Traffic101 was one of the first accredited online traffic schools in the nation. We provide the best, easiest, most hassle-free way to complete your defensive driving from home. Their state-certified online defensive driving classes will help you get that traffic ticket dismissed or point reduction from your driving record without ever stepping outside your front door. They offer top-rated customer service with course support from 8:00 to 5:00 and 24/7 technical support. They also offer a 100% money-back guarantee and are the only traffic school in the industry where you can win a FREE traffic school course.
- What students are saying—
- Merrill says, “Dear Traffic101.com, great course and very worthwhile!”
- Kevin says, “Your course was great. Thank you!”
- Pauline says, “Thanks for a hassle-free, pain-free, time-efficient way to complete traffic school.”
- Advantages of Traffic101
- Excellent customer support
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Every 100th customer free!
Need More Help Deciding?
Whether taking an Alabama traffic school course to save on insurance or to save your license, an online course is the easiest and most effective way to get it done. Why wait? The faster you get started, the faster you’ll have it behind you!
These three aren’t the only game in your Alabama town. Here’s an expanded list of choices for your Alabama traffic school needs.
More ALEA-Approved Online Traffic Schools
John FabelI have a long and checkered history with defensive driving. I took my first "court invited" course at age 15 and realized immediately that there had to be a better way. Since that first experience, I have gone on to teach defensive driving classroom courses and to author four internet courses in 2 states. After nearly 25 years in the industry, I can help you find a course that will be the best fit for you.
Florida Ticket Dismissal Made Easy—Just Take This Surprisingly Fun I Drive Safely Course
Driving Violations Got You Down? MyImprov’s PIRP Course Can Help!
Got NY violations? MyImprov's hilarious online defensive driving course helps cut insurance costs and saves your license from suspension. Meet state PIRP requirements with comedy.
California Drivers: Make Traffic Tickets Vanish with I Drive Safely
Make costly California traffic tickets disappear fast! I Drive Safely's CA DMV-approved online traffic school course is approved to legally mask your citation from your record.
Tired of California Tickets? GoToTrafficSchool’s Traffic School Will Make You Smile Again
Ditch your stressful California traffic ticket fast thanks to GoToTrafficSchool's simple, engaging online courses. Affordable, mobile, and approved—the easy way to make fines disappear.
Dismiss That Alabama Ticket in Your Pajamas with Traffic101
Traffic101 offers a convenient online course for fast Alabama ticket dismissal you can complete from home. Get your ticket dismissed in a hurry!
Alabama Drivers Are Raving About How I Drive Safely Lets Them Erase Traffic Tickets with Ease!
Make that Alabama traffic ticket vanish fast! I Drive Safely's online traffic school is just the ticket for your problems. Join over 6 million satisfied drivers who’ve kept their records clean with I Drive Safely.